Travel With Us
Just the name evokes a sense of serenity with its picturesque countryside dotted with vineyards and chateaux… Here, fine wines, great food and a “joie de vivre” have attracted and inspired so many throughout time.
Come with us as we trace the fabled footsteps of Mary Magdalene, who is said to have arrived in France after the crucifixion and lived and worked here as teacher and healer. She is regarded by many as an archetype of the divine feminine, an energy that has often been quelled in this world and yet is much needed (now more than ever). Although the truth and origins of her accounts are unprovable, we will discover the lore of her journey and immerse ourselves in the beauty, elegance and gastronomy that is France… all in comfort and luxury!
Sacred South of France…The Mystery of Mary Magdalene
This trip is not about Mary Magdalene as a religious figure but rather as an archetype of the divine feminine.
CONTACT US TODAY
To book your private group trip to Bali for 15- 25 people
Highlights of our 8 day Divine Adventure include:
- 3 nights luxury accommodation at the 19th century Gothic style Hôtel de la Cité, located within the rarely travelled to medieval walled city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A Different Point of View, special “Bienvenue” evening held privately on the hotel terrace. Enjoy spectacular views, delicious food and bubbly Blanquette wine while the hotel owner shares the history of the hotel and city as the sun sets on the medieval ramparts of this fabulous city steeped in mystery, history and lore.
- The South of France through the eyes and heart of Mary Magdalene …become entranced by the lore of Mary Magdalene as we meet with local experts in Alet-les-Bains and the hamlet of Rennes-le-Chateau. A beautiful day complete with blessings, meditations, an enchanting lunch and the exploration of Sainte Marie-Madeleine church and castle.
- Enchanting Encounters with your choice of: the Cathar Castles of Lastours; the Lovers Fountain & Isis Chair or a private guided walking & shopping experience in Carcassonne.
- “A Hint of Italy” evening at La Bourdasso hosted by the Family owners, with a gourmet dinner prepared by an award-winning chef, surprises abound.. More than a hint of charming, welcoming, delightful deliciousness…
- 4 nights at the breathtaking Hôtel Le Pigonnet, one of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, located within walking distance of beautiful Aix-en-Provence.
- “La Vie en Rose” evening in the famed rose garden of Le Pigonnet…al fresco dining in the garden complete with the sultry sounds of Edith Piaf to seduce all senses.
- Exploring the Divine Feminine …with Mary Magdalene experts in Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume including a hike to the grotto of Mary Magdalene where she is said to have spent time in prayer & mediation, a casual lunch in a Monastic Retreat and a visit to the Basilica that is dedicated to Mary.
- Morning walking experience through Aix-en-Provence.
- “Dinner with the Stars” a Michelin Star restaurant culinary extravaganza – wow!
- Au Revoir, a gala affair at a a Provence winery Domaine de Fontenille. An exclusive evening of vistas, French vintage wines and other fancies. The countryside, gardens and terrace evoke all things South of France while gentle breezes and live entertainment captivate your imagination and leave you longing for more…C’est magnifique!
Hôtel de la Cité
The Hôtel de la Cité is an integral part of the history of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the very heart of the medieval city and built on the site of the former bishop’s palace, this 5-star hotel stands next to the Saint-Nazaire Basilica and overlooks the lower town from the ramparts, offering an enchanting view over the city, its gardens, its walls and its stones that have been there for centuries.
Hôtel le Pigonnet
Le Pigonnet appears at first to underwhelm, but as you enter and immerse, you come to understand that you are experiencing something, some place that far surpasses merely enchanting. This magical place is an elegant and transformative escape in the heart of Aix-en-Provence. An 18th century Provençal mansion in beautiful floral gardens, Le Pigonnet (a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World) is a secluded slice of heaven, just a few minutes away from the city centre of Aix-en-Provence.
Relax & settle in. Allow its unprecedented authentic beauty and art of itself wash over you…
How is travelling with The Divine Destination Collection different than other travel companies?
The Divine Destination Collection offers our like-minded travellers a carefully curated selection of life-changing travel adventures.
Our mastery is crafting travel experiences that steep you in luxury while unveiling the most unique, unusual and sacred aspects of faraway places…all while creating magical, immersive and uncommon moments…where luxury, adventure and spirituality meet.
We travel in style offering minimal bus travel, delicious dining in unique venues, first-class restaurants and intimate boutique accommodation. You can relax knowing every single detail has been taken care of.
Our co-founders, Deb Niven and Allison Frame, are your hosts for every trip and take especially good care of your every need. Travelling with them ensures that anything that needs to be decided upon will happen immediately without any calls to Head Office!
Why is the mystery of Mary Magdalene so interesting to experience?
Set in the beauty of the South of France, the lore of Mary Magdalene is the tale of her journey and life after the crucifixion of Christ. It is intriguing not only from a historical standpoint but to learn of her work, her teachings and her role as the archetype of the “divine feminine”. It is a fascinating view into a historically significant time and is certain to pique the interest of all.
What if Mary Magdalene isn’t for me?
Besides peeking behind the veil of Mary Magdalene, The Sacred South of France experience includes an opportunity to enjoy the many breath-taking elements of this glorious region. Experience the magnificent walled medieval city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, stay at two intimate luxurious properties, visit seldom seen sites, enjoy delicious gourmet meals, and revel in the beauty of France.
Is the trip suitable for couples? Who would be on the trip?
This Divine Destination Collection trip is absolutely suitable for couples. You can expect to travel in a small group (20 – 25) of travellers who include couples, friends and singles. Our like-minded travellers share a sense of curiosity and excitement for seeing and experiencing the world. Join us on the journey!
Do I need to be with the entire group all the time?
Our trips are designed so that people can choose to spend their time as they wish…you’re free to join in, or not, when you want to. We leave free time during most days and we are here to help you plan your own adventures “your way”.
What can I expect in terms of safety and support while travelling with The Divine Destination Collection?
Your safety is our number one priority throughout the trip. We are there to ensure that you will be taken care at all times as we rely on our local support team and best-in-the-industry practices to handle any situation.
The French Connection
There is perhaps no national cuisine more venerated than that of France, and no French region more famous for its culinary prowess than the southeast. Here, the warm sun of the Mediterranean meets French savoir faire. This heady mix of the sun and sea make the local produce in the south of France irresistible. Aside from ratatouille, which the region is famous for, there are other less well-known delights, many of them based around fish or olives. And don’t even get us started on croissants, patisserie and baguettes!
MORE MARY MAGDALENE
There is a wealth of stories and information about the lore of Mary Magdalene and it is all fascinating.
This article “Mary Magdalene and Rennes-le-Chateau” is a good one…enjoy!
EN FRANCAIS S’il vous plait
Travelling in France to enjoy the culture, history, and gastronomy is so joyful! And things are even better when there we know how to communicate! Learning some of the basics of French language will make your time there even more enjoyable.
This is a great video to inspire you in your learning!