Travel With Us
Come with us as we journey to the ‘Thin Places’. The Gaelic name for thin places is CAOL ÁIT, “they are locales where the distance between heaven and earth collapses and we’re able to catch glimpses of the divine or the transcendent…Heaven and earth, the Celtic saying goes, are only three feet apart, but in thin places that distance is even shorter…These places relax us, yes, but they also transform us, or more accurately, unmask us. In thin places, we become our more essential selves…” writes Eric Weiner.
A 5 night luxurious, soulful journey
Ireland…Thin Places, a Soulful Celtic Journey
Contact Us Today
to book your private group trip to Ireland for 15-25 people
Need More Information?
Request a detailed itinerary
Dublin (2 Nights)
- Luxuriate for 2 nights in the city’s premier hotel, the iconic Shelbourne Dublin. This 5 star hotel is a timeless landmark and an Irish institution overlooking the beautiful St. Stephen’s Green. The perfect spot to explore the city centre and the Grafton St. shops.
- Immerse yourself in the true spirit of the city on our exclusive Musical Pub Crawl. Have a pint or two as we take in the traditional sounds of local musicians at some of the city’s famous pubs.
- Experience some of the legendary “Thin Places” as we explore the Hill of Tara and Newgrange with Padraigin Clancy, a graduate in Irish Folklore & History, she also specializes in the Divine Feminine.
- Step back in time as we as we descend into the 12th Century Crypt of Christ Church Cathedral for a private cocktail reception with a few magical surprises.
Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare (2 nights)
- Spend a blissful 2 nights at the stunning 18th Century Gregans Castle Hotel. This lovely manor house is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway and offers spectacular views that stretch across the Burren to Galway Bay. Inside, you’ll find welcoming open fires, candlelight and striking décor perfect for a restful country getaway.
- This evening you will have the opportunity to get to know the locals! We have arranged for everyone to dine with a local family…sit down at their dinner table for a delicious home cooked meal, wine and a good “chin-wag”.
- Explore another aspect of Irish culture & tradition as we aboard the ferry to Inis Mor, the largest of the Aran Islands. Upon arrival Pádraigín Clancy will join us again as take in some of the many ruins on this stark wind-swept island.
- Sleep like a king (or queen)… at the regal 5th Century, Dromoland Castle Hotel and Country Estate, originally the ancestral home to Gaelic Royalty. For 1 night experience the blending of Old-World elegance with contemporary luxuries…a dream come true!
- Our final evening will be a casual Garden Party held privately in the age-old walled garden of the castle. Enjoy a delicious& buffet dinner with wine along with local entertainment (ideal for a sing-a-long). A perfect ending to an enchanted journey.
THE SHELBOURNE DUBLIN
The Shelbourne Dublin is a luxury hotel in Dublin city centre, overlooking St. Stephen’s Green, Europe’s grandest garden square. This 5 star hotel is a timeless landmark and an Irish institution, which has been an intrinsic part of Dublin’s literary, social, culinary and artistic tradition for the past two centuries. It is ideally situated very close to Dublin’s cultural and historic buildings and offers a great location, from where you can visit the majestic St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Trinity College. Explore shops on Grafton Street or visit the Guinness Storehouse. The Shelbourne offers spacious accommodations with luxurious Egyptian cotton bedding, flat-screen TV, laptop-size safe, and marble bathroom. Enjoy a cocktail or Ireland’s own Guinness at the renowned Horseshoe Bar. Celebrate at the Oyster Bar or a prime cut steak at The Saddle Room Restaurant.
In May 1922, The Shelbourne played host to its most historic meeting – the drafting of the Irish Constitution. Bunreacht na hÉireann was drawn up in room 112, under the leadership of Michael Collins. This room is now The Constitution Room.
GREGANS CASTLE HOTEL, BALLYVAUGHAN, CO. CLARE
This stunning 18th century manor house is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway and is set in its own established and lovingly-attended gardens with spectacular views that stretch across the Burren to Galway Bay. Inside, you’ll find welcoming open fires, candlelight and striking decoration ranging from modern art, to antique furniture, to pretty garden flowers adorning the rooms.
Gregans Castle has long been a source of inspiration for its visitors. Guests have included J.R.R Tolkien, who’s said to have been influenced by the Burren when writing The Lord of the Rings, as well as other revered artists and writers like C.S. Lewis and Seamus Heaney.
Simon and Frederieke manage this oasis of comfort and offer genuine Irish hospitality, award winning innovative cooking and elegant bedrooms free from the intrusion of televisions.
DROMOLAND CASTLE HOTEL AND COUNTRY ESTATE, NEWMARKET – ON – FERGUS, CO. CLARE
With an extraordinary history stretching back to the 5th Century, Dromoland Castle was originally the ancestral home of one of the few families of Gaelic Royalty; direct descendants of Brian Boru, the High King of Ireland.
Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent lawns, this luxury 5 Star Castle Hotel overlooks its own Championship Golf Course and a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds.
Seamlessly blending Old-World elegance with contemporary luxuries, Dromoland’s tradition of delivering impeccable, unobtrusive service is never compromised. Guests can relax under the careful attention of the staff and enjoy an exquisite selection of gourmet fine dining and delicious wines; unwind slowly in the Castle’s 5 Star luxury Health Spa or indoor heated pool; or enjoy a good book beside a crackling evening fire.
Situated just 8 miles from Shannon International Airport, and regarded as one of the top luxury hotels Ireland has to offer, Dromoland Castle Hotel Ireland is the ideal base from which to explore the vibrant cities of Limerick and Galway; the magical Shannon region and Ireland’s rugged West Coast. Look no further than Dromoland Castle for 5 star castle accommodations Ireland.