Travel With Us
Africa: A Journey to the Heart and Soul
South Africa Safari and Uganda Gorilla Trekking
Be prepared for magnificent vistas and beauty that constantly elicits whispered gasps. This journey takes you into the heart and soul of Africa and awakens the heart and soul within you… this is travel with meaning… in places that feed your soul and fill your heart with an intoxicating sense of wonder and awe.
The Divine Destination Collection’s journey into Africa will touch you in so many ways that you’ll leave forever changed.
Home to the origins of ancient man, both South and East Africa offer breathtaking and vibrant experiences that are unrivalled. Experience the natural splendour of Cape Town, incomparable exclusive Big Five safari game drives in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve next to Kruger National Park, a quick stop in Johannesburg and heart stopping encounters with gorillas in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa.
This is indeed a journey of a lifetime. Here, just beneath the surface, it is easy to find the real thing, to discover new meaning, to see more, to live more and to come away a richer human being.
Africa: A Journey to the Heart and Soul
Cape Town, Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge Safari and Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge Gorilla Trekking
Highlights of our 8 night life changing journey include:
THE GATEWAY: Cape Town, Table Bay Hotel, South Africa (2 Nights)
- Embrace the gracious Table Bay Hotel in the heart of Cape Town’s bustling waterfront, with stunning views across the harbour and majestic Table Mountain.
- Vistas Abound: Experience Table Mountain, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World with glorious views of Cape Town.
- Vintages in Vineyards: Private wine tastings at renowned winery estates, stopping at charming villages to browse quaint shops, peruse art galleries and nibble on decadent chocolate.
- All That Jazz: Immerse in the culture in divine style as a local jazz musician opens their home exclusively, complete traditional dinner with a concert weaved in between courses.
THE HEART: Safari at Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, South Africa (2 Nights)
- Flights from Cape Town International Airport to Skukuza Airport.
- EXCLUSIVE takeover of Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, private for The Divine Destination Collection guests. This living gallery of the senses is a must for those who appreciate the art of luxuriating among the animals of the African continent.
- HEART EXPANDING: Feel the rush of twice-daily game drives, where rangers will share their love for animals and introduce you to the “Big Five” (elephant, lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo) in their natural habitat.
- HEART OF DARKNESS: Under the African stars, enjoy a private Boma dinner with open bar and delight in traditional African entertainment.
- OPULENCE & ELEGANCE: a la “Out of Africa” Share memories and stories of what you got “out of Africa” at a private farewell dinner with gourmet food and remarkable entertainment.
- Flights from Skukuza Airport to Johannesburg International Airport.
THE TREK: Overnight Accommodation in Johannesburg (1 Night) before hopping on our flight to Entebbe, Uganda
THE SOUL: Gorilla Trekking, Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge, Bwindi National Park, Uganda (3 nights)
- Flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Entebbe Airport.
- Roundtrip private charter flights between Entebbe and Kihihi airports.
- Exclusive takeover, private for The Divine Destination Collection guests at the glorious Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge. Immerse yourself into the mystery and wildness of the rainforest.
- MISTS & MAJESTY: Trek through the rainforest with our private guides and come face-to-face with the majestic and endangered mountain gorillas of Bwindi.
- Women’s Cooperative Encounter: Enjoy cocktails and a meet and greet with the Founder to embrace and support the women of the region.
- Each of the three evenings, enjoy our Divine PRIVATE CLUB with exceptional and delicious dinners with wine and very special local entertainers.
TABLE BAY HOTEL
Embrace the gracious Table Bay Hotel, in the heart of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. The hotel combines Victorian elegance with contemporary charm, while the rooms and suites enjoy stunning views of Robben Island and magnificent Table Mountain.
SABI SABI EARTH LODGE
Earth Lodge is the Sabi Sabi of Tomorrow. Exceeding the highest international standards of architectural design, its curved lines, artistry of light and natural textures are a sensory pleasure designed to sooth and delight. Remote and Eco-chic, this safari lodge will at once relax and enchant the senses.
Enjoy the carefully crafted ecological responsibility of the lodge as well as Divine food, an underground wine cellar, the Amani Spa, a day bar and a beautiful fire pit. Feel the warm embrace of Earth Lodge and unwind in untamed wilderness as you experience the majesty of the safari.
VOLCANOES BWINDI LODGE
Overlooking the beautifully primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Bwindi Lodge offers a stylish setting from which to enjoy the unforgettable experience of tracking the majestic mountain gorillas of Uganda. This beautiful lodge has just ten stone and timber glass-fronted bandas, which face the lush forest canopy. The ensuite rooms reflect the local building style and provide luxury in an eco-sensitive way. Guests can relax on a private balcony from which to spot wildlife, including chimpanzees, mountain gorillas, and monkeys. And, your personal butler will take care of your every need!
HOW IS TRAVELLING WITH THE DIVINE DESTINATION COLLECTION DIFFERENT THAN OTHER TRAVEL COMPANIES?
The Divine Destination Collection offers our like-minded travelers a carefully curated selection of life-changing travel adventures.
Our mastery is crafting travel experiences that steep you in luxury while unveiling the most unique, unusual and sacred aspects of faraway places…all while creating magical, immersive and uncommon moments…where luxury, adventure and spirituality meet.
We travel in style offering minimal bus travel, delicious dining experiences and intimate exclusive accommodations. You can relax knowing ever single detail has been taken care of.
Our co-founders, Deb Niven and Allison Frame, are your hosts for the trip and take especially good care of your every need. Travelling with them ensures that anything that needs to be decided upon will happen immediately without any calls to Head Office!
WHY IS AFRICA A TRUE TRIP OF A LIFETIME?
Home to the origins of ancient man, both South and East Africa offer breathtaking and vibrant experiences that are unrivalled. You’ll experience the natural splendour of Cape Town, be part of incomparable exclusive Big Five safari game drives in Kruger National Park, and encounter heart stopping encounters with gorillas in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. These are memories that will last forever.
IS THE TRIP SUITABLE FOR COUPLES? WHO WOULD BE ON THE TRIP?
This Divine Destination Collection trip is absolutely suitable for couples. You can expect to travel in a small group (22) of travellers who include couples and friends. Join us on the journey! Note due to the limited number of rooms at the Safari Lodge and at the Gorilla lodge in Bwindi, please reach out to us directly should you require single accommodation.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN TERMS OF SAFETY AND SUPPORT WHILE TRAVELLING WITH THE DIVINE DESTINATION COLLECTION?
Your safety is our number one priority throughout the trip. We are there to ensure that you will be taken care at all times as we rely on our local support team and best-in-the-industry practices to handle any situation. Our partners and suppliers provide us with all the relevant information to share with you especially related to these travel experiences.
DO I NEED TO HAVE ANY SHOTS OR TAKE MEDICATION IN PREPARATION FOR THIS JOURNEY?
Yes! While on safari in South Africa we will be in Malaria territory. Also, Uganda requires proof of Yellow Fever vaccination to enter the country. Please ensure that you have consulted with your medical doctor or travel clinic for appropriate inoculations and malaria medication. This is to ensure nothing prevents you from having the time of your life on this amazing journey!
DO I NEED VISAS TO TRAVEL TO SOUTH AFRICA & UGANDA?
Whether travelling on a Canadian or US Passport, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of departure. No Visas are required for entry into South Africa.
Yes VISAS are required to enter Uganda. Travelers with a Canadian or US Passport must hold a valid Ugandan visa. The online application system provides the fastest and most convenient way to obtain a visa for Uganda. Further details will be made available upon registration. Each passport must have a minimum of 3 blank pages for Ugandan documentation & stamps.
OTHER PASSPORT HOLDERS:
Citizens of other countries should check with the South African and Ugandan Embassy/Consulate for details on Passport & Visa requirements.
IS THERE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO PAY FOR THIS TRIP OVER TIME?
We are pleased to offer a unique payment plan that allows you to pay for your trip over time. Please contact us for more details.