Mexico: Mayan Mystery Revealed
A coastline of rainforest, white sands and turquoise waters is the backdrop for the wealth of experiences that awaits you on the Mayan Riviera. Not only is it the perfect place bask in the beauty of the Caribbean coast, but it’s also the ideal location to discover Mayan civilization’s past and present.
The Yucatan Peninsula, where nature has formed jagged coastlines, pristine white sand beaches and lavish jungles, was also the home of one of the world’s most sophisticated cultures: the Maya. Great observers of the stars and their relationship with the cycles of the earth, detailed architects, rigorous mathematicians, exquisitely talented artists, the Maya imparted their mystical wisdom to Mexico’s southeastern region.
Join the Divine Destination Collection on a magnificent journey to this magical part of Mexico. Luxurious accommodation, the perfect combination of nature, history & adventure, as well as an invitation into a local Mayan community to experience their traditions, spiritual ceremonies and authentic cuisine…Estas en tu casa
“The people…Both fellow travellers and the Mexican/Mayan people. It was outstanding all around very satisfying & unique.”Maura L
CONTACT US TODAY
to book your private group trip to Mexico for 15- 25 people
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Request a detailed itinerary
A 6-night journey of discovery, revelation and sensual luxury
in the Mayan Riviera and Tulum
- Breath deeply, unwind, decompress…you’ve arrived at the Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, for 3 nights of unparalleled bliss. One of Mexico’s top luxury hotels offers pure escapism with a touch of Mayan magic. Go on, bare your soul and dip your toes in the Caribbean.
- Embark on a truly magical adventure…spelunking at the great Secret River where you discover a breathtaking underground world untouched for thousands of years.
- Indulge in a carefully-curated experience in a private garden courtyard at the Aldea Corazon Restaurant, where we will learn about Mexico’s affinity to corn and cacao, as foods and folklore are woven in the fabric of the evening.
- Head deep into the jungle for an authentic Mayan ceremonial evening, where an entire village will host and submerge us with humility and grace into their culture.
- Meet with a local Shaman (holy healer) who will instruct us around the Temazcal (Sweat Lodge) created to purify and renew the mind, body and spirit.
- Take a cleansing swim in the cenote, (from the Mayan word “dzonot” which means “pit”) created from wells of fresh water formed by the erosion of limestone.
BANYAN TREE MAYAKOBA (3 NIGHTS)
- Pamper yourself with luxury for 3 nights at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba, the epitome of premium resort living, surrounded by lagoons, mangroves and bordered by the sea in the idyllic Riviera Maya.
- Private breakfast interaction & guided Tulum experience: Over breakfast experts in Mayan tradition, culture, folkore & archaeology, regale us with stories and provide an overview of the significance of the Tulum ruins. All in preparation for our up-close & personal guided experience through the magnificent ancient site of Tulum.
- Enjoy a private casual lunch in the garden at the Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, followed by a relaxing treat of a Mayan horoscope reading.
- Join us for a private Pop Up “Make It Mayan” Cocktail Party. Tucked into a private tropical nook, we will learn the resort’s recipe to their divine guacamole, pico de gallo salsa and renowned margaritas. Sampling the wares is a must!
- Dine with style in our own private cave complete with open bar, an elegant menu paired with fine wines, surrounded by living stalactites and stalagmites, candles, flower petals, intimacy and sensuality….a sublime way to bid farewell to the Mayan Riviera.
BELMOND MAROMA RESORT & SPA
Set among verdant jungle beside a white, sandy beach, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa ranks as one of Mexico’s top luxury hotels offering pure escapism with a touch of Mayan magic. Widely recognized as one of the most indulgent Riviera Maya resorts, it’s a true haven of well-being.
Belmond has been voted #1 Best Spa in Mexico and Latin America by Condé Nast Traveller.
Spend lazy days in ocean and poolside restaurants or stroll through flower-filled gardens where parrots and butterflies perch. Explore some of Mexico’s great heritage sites, dive in mysterious underwater caves or shop till you drop in Playa del Carmen.
Experience healing Mayan rituals, unique to this mystical land, at one of the world’s top destination spas.
Foremost among Riviera Mayan spas, every part of Kinan Spa has been aligned with the stars to create a positive energy flow. Treatment rooms point east to west, representing day and night. Massage beds face east, symbolizing new beginnings.
Open terraces let in the light and warmth of the Caribbean. Verdant gardens offer bursts of color and cooling shade.
Discover your own personal sanctuary in one of the top Riviera Maya resorts. Exquisitely finished with indigenous art, handcrafted furnishings beautifully evoke Mexican living. Sumptuous bathroom suites and king-size beds complete the experience.
BANYAN TREE MAYAKOBA
Banyan Tree Mayakoba is the epitome of premium resort living, bringing Asian hospitality to the idyllic Riviera Maya. Nestled within the private gated integrated resort development of Mayakoba, immerse yourself in untouched nature complemented with the Riviera Maya luxury resort’s familiar warmth and charm.
Be swept away by pristine coastlines and robust life forms in this bounty of freshwater lagoons and mangroves, natural dunes, intricate coral reefs and the famed Riviera Maya coast. Dance your soul on the wind of the Caribbean. Mayakoba is an arcadia of indigenous fish and bird species and has a carefully maintained ecosystem.
In the ancient Maya language, Mayakoba means village over water. Banyan Tree Mayakoba is true to this definition, surrounded by lagoons, mangroves and bordered by the sea. A resort for the renewal of both mind and body, it gathers those who come under the leafy shelter of the Banyan, a tree native to the Orient and thought to be magical in its power to nurture.
Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, in exquisite harmony, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region’s most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, and the Greg Norman signature 18-hole El Camaleón golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for leisure options.
Step into Banyan Tree Spa Mayakoba and partake of unique refreshments found nowhere else. The Rainforest, with its hydrothermal circuit comprising alternating hot and cold thermal cabins, is designed to indulge guests with pure wellness.
The Rainforest Trail features eight different hydrothermal therapy experiences that include the Rain Walk, Aroma Steam Chamber and Finnish Sauna to afford you a holistic and revitalising experience in a tropical world of extravagant natural beauty. Unique to this spa outlet is the use of Melipona Honey gathered from Mexican bees. The Honey Oil, an extraction from the bees, is a time-honoured remedy for detoxifying and healing skin.
- DAY 1:You will be greeted at airport and whisked off to pure paradise: The Belmond Maroma Resort and Spa. Relax, unwind and unpack your luggage and all remnants of the cold winter and hectic Canadian pace you have left behind.Tonight, a private Welcome Beach BBQ. Under the tropical night sky, as the ocean gently laps the shore, we will sample some of the country’s best Mezcal while a local guitarist serenades. (Not to mention a few surprises…hey it’s us!)
- DAY 2:Breakfast is included and is at your leisure in the resort restaurant. Enjoy private Mayan Meditation Session, or enjoy the award-winning spa, walk the labyrinth, relax by the pool, stroll along the magnificent white sand beach etc…Tonight we will transfer into Playa del Carmen to the well-known Aldea Corazon Restaurant for dinner and a few surprises.
- DAY 3:Breakfast is included and at leisure in the resort restaurant.Depart this morning to the Secret River or Río Secreto for a breathtaking spelunking in an underground cave and river followed by a casual local lunch served under a shady palapa.Later today, cocktails on the beach…Dinner at leisure and on your own this evening. Feel free to dine at the resort, or we will be providing transportation into Playa del Carmen should you wish to explore some of the many wonderful restaurants that abound.
- DAY 4:Breakfast is included and at leisure in the resort restaurant. Then consider your options: a blissful massage, walk the labyrinth, relax and catch a few rays by the pristine pool, or wiggle your toes and stroll along the magnificent expanse of bone-white sand beach.Late morning we pack our bags and check out of the Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa and continue our sensual adventure to the luxurious Banyan Tree Mayakoba.This afternoon we will meet in the Banyan Tree Mayakoba lobby to head deep into the jungle for an authentic Mayan Ceremonial evening.We include a lovely typical meal served by the local Mayan women. In Divine fashion, cold beer and margaritas will accompany the repast, of course!
- DAY 5:Private Breakfast Interaction – This morning enjoy a delicious breakfast while guest speakers, Paco and Liz Rosas, experts in Mayan tradition, culture, folklore and archaeology, regale us with stories and provide an overview of the importance and the significance of the Tulum ruins. After breakfast our privately-guided Tulum adventure.This afternoon, a private casual lunch in the garden at the Oscar & Lalo Restaurant.Early evening we hop aboard small resort boats and cruise the waterways taking in the local wildlife with drink in hand while enjoying tasty canapés.Tonight enjoy dinner at leisure (with a dinner allowance) at the resort or perhaps partake in our small intimate “Kitchen Party” with the Executive Chef in the resort’s kitchen.
- DAY 6:Breakfast is included and at leisure in the resort restaurant. Today presents a full day at leisure to completely and utterly surrender to the beauty and brilliance of your destination.Later this afternoon join us for a pop up “Make It Mayan” Cocktail Party where we will learn the hotel’s recipe to their simply divine guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, and to-die-for margaritas. Sampling the wares is a must!!This evening The Mayan Mystery Revealed culminates in the core of its being. Dinner in a cave, anyone? For 10,000 years this cave has been waiting for you. Alux welcomes you.
- DAY 7:Breakfast is included and at leisure in the resort restaurant. Check out and depart for the airport and flights home.Resting aboard your flight, you feel relaxed, rejuvenated, re-imagined and deeply satisfied. The elegance, the dignity, the magic, the ancient ones and the energy have gently and magnificently played their harmonious song on your heart and your soul, and you are forever changed. And so it is……
Interested in learning more about our private Mexico group trips? Click here to request a full itinerary.
Mexico Images and Videos
Unique travel experiences... where luxury, adventure and spirituality meet!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER:
Do you want to stay up to date on all our latest trips and events?
Subscribe to our newsletter HERE
Copyright 2012-2018 The Divine Destination Collection | Powered by Wynford TICO Reg. # 2024965