Why Choose Us
Divine-by-Design Travel Advisory Board Term:
There is currently no specific maximum term for board members. Although you may choose to advise only for a year, we would love to have an ongoing relationship with you. Minimum term is expected to be one year.
The board is comprised of a selected, screened group of people who enjoy the sort of travel provided by The Divine Destination Collection (TDDC).
The size of the board will vary over time, and will serve to provide sufficient input into the various trips being newly designed or redesigned.
ROLES AND REWARDS
This Divine-by-Design Travel Advisory Board provides advice only and is not a governance board. As outlined below, board members will provide input at specific points in time into such matters as:
- Destinations selection
- Specific destination design elements
- Trip promotions
- General travel questions that TDDC may have from time to time
The objective of the board is to provide recommendations to assist TDDC in bringing to market the most appealing travel experiences for those who love luxury, uncommon encounters and experiences that touch the soul and rejuvenate the spirit.
By participating in the advisory process, members will enjoy the intrinsic benefits of:
- Getting a behind-the-scenes peek at trip design considerations
- Helping drive outcomes by influencing trip selection and design
- Connecting with a community of other interesting, like-minded people in the process
- Members may choose to advise on more than one trip per year, with the approval of TDDC
Becoming a member of the Divine by-Design Travel Advisory Board in no way obligates members to actually travel with The Divine Destination Collection. We know that our customized experiences will beckon you and it’s certainly our hope that your destination advice will entice you to partake in the experience, but it is not mandatory.
Advisor Participation Specifics:
ONCE A YEAR, TDDC WILL START A DESTINATIONS SELECTION AND DESIGN PROCESS,
WHICH WILL INVOLVE ADVISOR INPUT.
A. DESTINATIONS SELECTION – DIVINE-BY-DESIGN DISCOVERY EVENT:
We start the process by inviting all members of our Divine-by-Design Travel Advisory Board for a special Discovery event. The purpose is to help TDDC determine which destinations to newly design or to redesign in the following year.
At this time, we will present an overview of a number of destinations, and advisors will then help us choose a short list of which travel experiences to design/redesign.
The Discovery event offers a great opportunity to meet, mingle and share a glass of wine with other board members and like-minded travel aficionados.
- Two hours on an early evening weekday
- Advance invitations will be sent
- Downtown at the Verity Club or other suitable location chosen by TDDC
- Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served
B. DESTINATION SESSIONS:
For each destination, advisors will participate in two sessions – a Design Session and Reveal Session. These will be about 1.5 hours in length held in the early evening on a weeknight. (We’ll notify you with advance invitations.)
We will provide wine (all the better to lubricate our advisory capacities) and delicious hors d’oeuvres to help digest the discussion. These sessions will be held downtown at the Verity Club (or other locations as determined by TDDC).
- Our destination advisor team will help us with trip design considerations. You’ll hear about initial trip specifics and be asked for input on a range of options
- Using the advisor input from the Design Session, as well as any emerging site-specific opportunities, TDDC will create the full travel experience for the destination
- We will reveal the specifics (inclusions, accommodations, travel dates, pricing) to the destination advisors for their final reaction – before the trip goes public
C. DESTINATION SPECIFIC ADVISOR PARTICIPATION:
- Shortly after the Discovery event, we’ll announce a short list, at which time you will indicate your preferences of trip(s) you would like to advise on
- We limit participation to a maximum of 20 advisors per trip
- We will do our best to assign each person to their top preferred destination. (Regardless of which destination you advise on, you are welcome to travel on any of the trips with full advisor benefits.)
D. PERIODIC INPUT /ADVICE REQUESTS:
On occasion TDDC may want a quick opinion from you (via email/phone/survey) on some TDDC travel consideration or on a general travel matter.
Value to Board Members
DURING THE ADVISORY ENGAGEMENT PERIOD YOU WILL:
- Get a behind-the-scenes peek at trip design considerations
- Help drive outcomes by influencing trip selection and design
- Connect with a community of other interesting, like-minded people in the process
- Advisors get “first dibs” on newly revealed trips. Since each Divine Destination Collection trip is designed for small groups, we limit the number of participants, and unique destinations sell out fast
- FIRST: Priority goes to advisors who advised on trip
- NEXT: To other advisors
- FINALLY: To the general public
- Receive a 10% trip discount for you and 1 companion, if you book by the designated discount cut-off date, usually about 6 months prior to the trip departure date.
- Earn a service credit from our travel concierge partner. This credit can be applied toward any additional services you may require when booking a Divine Destination Collection trip, and might include airline or transfer bookings, airport lounge upgrades, pre and post-trip extensions, etc.
- Divine-by-Design Travel Advisory Board members can book any trip The Divine Destination Collection provides, and have full member benefits, even if you didn’t advise on a specific destination. Member benefits are good for up to 18 months.
INESCAPABLE SQUINTY SMALL PRINT…
- TDDC has sole discretion to accept or revoke membership to the board
- Specific travel-related benefits for board members apply under the following conditions: You have actively participated in the three board sessions and you have taken a trip with TDDC within 18 months of any trip on which you advised.